Friday, July 28, 2006

Girly pink energy drink.

One of the benefits of going on vacation is that you discover all the cool things that other people get to buy but you don't because you don't live on the coast or in a major metropolitan area. For instance, "mock meat" in the form of shrimp, crab, chicken, and beef" that I can't buy in Albuquerque.
So, I saw this energy drink--It's called, "GoGirl"-- sitting on a shelf at the grocery at Lake Tahoe, and I had to pick it up because I pictured some happy person snapping his or her fingers and yelling, "You go, Girl!" at me. Plus, I'm into girly stuff these days. Also, I can't always get a mocha latte in the tiny towns we travel through, and I don't like regular coffee. Call me a yuppie and send me to hell, just don't ask me to start out my day without a "110-degree medium coconut soy mocha, no whip, please."

What excited me about "GoGirl" is that not only is it very girly and pink, it's sugar free, so while I wouldn't drink it before a race, I would buy a case and keep it at work. My dentist was ready to spank me at my last cleaning when I finally admitted I'd been sipping lots of Gatorade and energy drinks. (I have weak teeth)

"GoGirl", which was originally marketed in Japan, tastes like strawberries, which I like. I don't like sodas in general and hate, hate, hate diet sodas, but what I like best about it is that is has 150 mg of caffeine, along with vitamins B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, and ingredients that are supposed to inhibit fat production, and Taurine. I finally had to look that up, and still don't understand why it's in energy drinks. Taurine is listed as, "an essential nutritional substance for cats which can help prevent blindness and certain types of heart disease," and, "a chemical present in bile," and, "a sulfur amino acid essential to the proper functioning of the heart and the eyes, also an antioxidant"
If you haven't tried it, give it a shot. Meanwhile, I'll sit on my hands and wait for them to start selling it here. Or order a case online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...