Tuesday, July 11, 2006

New "gear"

My road ID arrived in the mail yesterday.
Ever since I started hearing the stories about accidents and seeing pictures of dented cycling helmets, I'd been thinking about getting one of these.

I chose the ankle style instead of the wrist because I guessed (and was correct) in noting from the pictures that it might also hold a timing chip.

The metal plate has six lines in which information can be etched, and the white band on the velcro is reflective. They come in red, blue, and black, and you can also get them in wrist bands, "dog tags," and a little pocket that fits on your shoe.

I feel safer already!

1 comment:

  1. this is awesome. i've been meaning to get one for a while. i have a card with my info inside of my shoe wallet and that is what i run with. the ID tag is definitely more "fashionable" :-D

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...