1. Well, clearly pink is fastest. The masses have spoken.
2. Forget about running or cycling to get those sexy gams. Apparently, all you need are the right flip-flops.
3. Sweet Baboo bought a new toy, a 2-man kayak. He's wildly excited about it, as am I. If you have any good kayak tricks and tips (no pun intended), let him know.
4. I got about 6" cut off the back of my hair today. I also went blonder. In the face of ironman training, racing, and being half of a kayak-totin' couple, I felt the need to simplify. I also felt the need to be blonder. I already feel faster. And, yes, I am having more fun. Thanks to AndraSue for the inspiration.
5. I used to think having three kids was a lot of work until I read this.
6. I realize the picture of my haircut is a bit blurry. Here's a slightly less blurry one, below. Thanks to Duane for the link.
7. I swam the 2.2 mile swim at Lake Cochiti again yesterday, and there was choppy waves, which slowed me down. I've decided I don't like chop.
But that's not what's interesting. What's interesting is when I tried to do a 6 mile run afterwards and my hip flexors said, "Oh, no, you di-int." They did! They sounded a bit like Hank Azaria in "The Birdcage."
8. REI has all their summer clothes on sale now. I was able to add to growing collection of action skorts that I can wear when I ride my bike to work. Yayyyyy!
9. 4 more days until I go back to work. Booooo!
Even though I was in awful shape in 2016 I was still stubborn and foohardy...so I spent a year running down whatever fitness base I had left...
if you hadn't noticed, I'm taking a bit of a break from blogging to pursue a new passion. Don't worry, I'm still doing ultra...
Dear Diary, It's 5 am and the wind is still. Fucking. Blowing. I'm not talking about a breeze rustling through the trees. We live...
Dear Diary, This month I learned stuff from doctors. Good stuff. Stuff I didn't know, and was surprised to learn. That doesn't...