Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Next, on the agenda.

I think I wrote a bit about the Colorado Relay in the past but I didn't want to detract anything that DreadPirate had to say about it so I haven't said much. So here's the scoop.
Thursday morning, we all fly out to Col. Then Friday morning, at 6:15 am, I'll watch the first of my teammates take off on a 30-hour, 170-mile relay across Colorado. Then somewhere in the next 8 or 9 hours, it will be my turn.
Here's the breakdown:
  • Ten (mostly) New Mexico Outlaws, and one alternate/driver.
  • Two vans.
  • Thirty hours
  • One hundred seventy miles of Colorado roads, paths, and trails.
on foot.

SO each of us has three legs, 10 legs apart. So for instance, I have legs 10, 20, and 30, which I believe may be the easiest ones. I yelled loud and clear for these: I was all, "I CALL LEGS 10, 20, and 30!!" There are some things worth latching onto and worrying like a pit bull. Like corner cubicles with leaky ceilings. and slightly flattish downhill relay legs. but anyway.
Sweet Baboo has legs 9, 19, and 29. So, he'll be handing off to me, and we'll always get to be in the same van. Oooo! Maybe we can neck.

Weather forecast:
Georgetown (start)
Friday High 62 degrees F
Friday Low 39 degrees F
20-40% chance T-storms/Rain/Snow

Carbondale (Finish)

Friday High 70 degrees F
Friday Low 40 degrees F
30% chance T-storms

I don't know how the "chance of precipitation" works in Colorado. In New Mexico, chance really means chance, and it's more like, "There's a 30% chance it will rain somewhere today, but it probably won't be here."
This whole endeavor has involved much planning, and our esteemed team captain has done most of it.

I'm stoked! It's going to be a blast! 11 sweaty, wired, up-all-night, running triathletes crossing 170 miles of Colorado byways.

...

11 comments:

  1. I hope you have a really great time! Good Luck and have fun! I can't wait to here how it went...and in Colorado...at least Denver (not as sure about the mtns) a chance of rain means about the same as it does in NM. You probably won't see any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relay fun & necking in the back of a van!! Does it get better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that??? Have fun. I am sure there will be some great stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK-I am plagiarizing half of your blog entry for mine. Is that OK?
    See you in the AM...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's INTHANE!

    No really, it sounds...well I don't know if "fun" is the word...let's say it sounds interesting and like a very cool thing to do. It will definitely make for great stories!
    But I am too tired and too old right now to think it sounds fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Running....good
    Necking....good
    Colorado....good
    Hanging with your best buds....Super good.

    Does it get any better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are gonna have a blast!
    I've done that relay twice on a 5 man team. Not recommended. New start and end points this year should be nice.
    Good luck and godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:41 PM

    Have fun out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That will be CRAZY!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...