Sunday, September 06, 2009

Slowest marathon EVAR.


Well, the slowest one where I wasn't swimming 2.4 miles and biking 112 miles beforehand, that is.

My time was a shameful 6:11. A personal worst.

Still, as runs go, this wasn't even a B race. It's all part of getting me ready for the Palo Duro 50K, right?

I did this marathon last year. My time this year was nearly 30 minutes slower.

I tried to be a good sport and warn people about the hill. Hey, that hill, it's not the gift you think it is--slow down!

Everyone ignored me. And those that ignored me, I passed.


Baboo (the man I married who said he would run this "easy" and finished in 4 hours and some change) went back out onto the course and ran the last 6 miles in with me. If your math brain is fried, that means he ran 12 extra miles in addition to his marathon.

Then we went to his brother's and my sister-in-law made us pancakes. :-))))))

Now I'm going to shower.

That was marathon #12, I think. I think.

Oh, and by the way: Led Zepelin's Custard Pie makes an awesome song to listen to while running a marathon.

...

14 comments:

  1. Hope you ate a LOT of pancakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey at least you DID IT, you didn't sit on your arse and bitch about how you should have trained... you just DID IT - be damn proud.

    Also wow! your eyes are really green. Lucky you.

    SAM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for getting it DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats for gettin 'er done. A lesser person would have thrown in the towel, but you kept truckin. You're gonna rock the Palo Duro 50K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got it done - what a great use of a day!

    And good to feature your wedding ring in the hawt pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I slept in and did nothing physical today. You completed a marathon. I think you win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:25 PM

    Way to get it done. Baboo rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 6:11? That's it? Come on, I thought you said you were slow!

    besides. caldera was harder, and you only did that in June.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looked for you on the bike path this morning. I don't think 6:11 is out of the ball park--plus, you got in a great training day for the Palo Duro. Every step you took just makes you that much stronger. As always, I admire the heck out of you for persevering the way you do. Pancakes? You totally earned them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's money in the miles bank. It will make the 50K that much better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did nothing yesterday and today AND ate pancakes this morning...you win this contest big!

    Nice eyes, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You finished!! and I do not think that is such a bad time actually for the way you felt going in..congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to be you when I grow up, just ripping out underdone marathons willy-nilly :)
    If I make 6:11 for my first marathon (in 4 weeks) I'll be VERY happy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your blog and I love it!
    You inspire me to move beyond tri's and on to marathons!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...