Thursday, December 31, 2009
Oops. (Thursday Thirteen)
Tonight, I'll try to make it to midnight. I have some sparkling wine. We'll see.
Meanwhile: Thirteen New Year's Non-resolutions. Things I will NOT do in 2010.
Okay. Some of these things I wouldn't do on a bet anyway. I'll leave you to figure out which ones they are.
13. Once again, I will not eat anything that is bright green, like chlorella. I'll eat Pesto, however. I'll always eat Pesto.
12. I am not making any weight resolutions. Let the chips fall where they may. None of the supplements or calorie-restrictions work, so I'm just going to focus on being healthy and fit. If I lose weight, so be it, but I'm tired of getting an anxiety attack whenever I walk over to the scale.
10. I will not look for any new jobs this year. I just want to concentrate on the one I have now, which is appallingly low in pay, but one that I enjoy quite a bit.
9. I'm not going to cut my hair any more this year. Some trimming of dead ends, maybe. that's all. Right now, it just touches my shoulders.
8. I'm not going to eat any more food at the Chinese place around the corner from where I work. Mind you, I lurves me some greasy Chinese food. But. I think this place takes liberties with their MSG. I was weak and tired and headachy after I ate there, for no reason I could think of, starting a few hours after I ate it and ending about 24 hours later. I know, I know, I never believed before. Now I do.
7. I won't miss my annual dental exam. I won't miss my mammogram this year, either.
6. I won't go back on my plan to do fun, cross training stuff. Like climbing, power yoga, hiking, and weight-lifting..
5. I won't miss taking as many classes as possible so I can finish this silly degree.
4. I will not buy Twin Peaks on DVD. Or rent it through Netflix.
3. I will not be a slacker this year. I will continue my new habit of running at least three miles every morning before work.
2. I will not, at any given time, refer to myself as a fatass.
1. I will not stop appreciating my health, my friends, and the wondrous life I have.
Dear Diary, For the first time in 7 years I have a goal. It takes a lot to get me motivated. I am the demotivation queen. The princess...
Dear diary, is anyone out there? it doesn't take a genius to notice the rapid decline in the number of posts on this blog in the pas...
There are some signs that something unusual happened this past weekend: my back is a little stiff, I have a little blister on one toe that...
Dear Diary, I hate talking on the telephone. I talk on the phone all day at work. I get off one call, and can have between five and t...