Sunday, March 19, 2006

8-mile.


No, not the Eminem movie. I'm talking about my weekly long run thing. Actually, it was 8.4 miles. What makes this so unusual isn't that I finished it, because I've done 2 half-marathons. But the thing is, I finished those using walk breaks. This is the first time I've ever run this far without a walk break. I left the path for about 1 minute to go to the bathroom out in the bushes, but other than that, I ran the whole time. That's the longest I've ever run in my whole life!!! It was a fantastic morning, cold and drizzly. That's pretty stupendous itself in the high desert in the middle of a draught.
On my blog there's a post back in September or maybe August, where I go on and one about how "Today I ran for 5 whole minutes straight!" Today, I ran for nearly 2 hours straight, another triumph of stubbornness over speed. Then I swam 400 meters in about 12 minutes, and I'm happy to say, the shoulder is fine. My Timex Ironman watch-heart-rate thingy says that I burned 1950 calories. That ought to be worth a pint of soy ice cream, chocolate brownie flavor.
If you'll excuse me, I think I've earned a day of sloth.

1 comment:

  1. Misty,

    Great accomplishment! It feels good to make a breakthrough. How goes the bike training?

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...