Saturday, March 11, 2006

If I were superstitious

I'd almost think there was some melevolant spirit that doesn't want me to do this duathlon.
Yesterday I went for a short run to see how it felt, and it was a great run, no shoulder problems, no leg problems, no slower than usual...only to come home and find out that, after all, they've decided that the fork is cracked on my bike (which, as you may recall, I have gotten to ride exactly once). So, I'll be using my commuter bike for tomorrow's race.

On the other side, I realize that when I got my Trek 1000, on the first day out, I fell over and sprained my wrist. On my new bike, on the first day, I did an endo and messed up my shoulder. I've decided that if I ever get a new bike again, I'm going to just throw it up on the air and let it fall on me and get it over with.

The weather at Hollman tomorrow is supposed to be cold, rainy, and windy. I'm trying to positive affirmation thing. It's not working. I used photoshop to put my face on the Athena goddess painting I use for my profile. That was fun. But I'm still worried about tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck and have fun!!!!! Remember, that's what it's all about!! Either that, or the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Nancy. She has so much wisdom.

    Seriously, were you trying to take first in your age group? If not, then it shouldn't matter. As long as you continue to make positive strides towards your healthy lifestyle. In fact, you'll probably burn more calories on your commuter bike. Looks like you end up on top here. Just one way to look at it. It could be worse, you could have raced on a cracked fork and had another major wreck. See, you're ahead of the game now. Best of luck
    Benny

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...