Tuesday, July 05, 2005

From Couch...to 5K?

Okay, so I'm starting my training today for my first triathlon. It's an amalgam of the training plan for the swimming found in the "Woman Triathlete" I went to and the running plan found at coolrunning.com. I thought this would be a good time to start a blog, although I sort of have one already that I started this past spring by the same name...talking about losing weight. I started at 194 pounds on January 14th, and lost 30. I'd like to mention that I'm a strict vegetarian. A fat strict vegetarian. Hell, potato chips are vegetarian, aren't they? In any case, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was in better shape than I thought. I found that instead of 60 seconds running, 90 seconds walking, I could do 90 - 90 comfortably. So I did. And you know what else? I liked it! Who'd have thunk it. I lifelong mosy-er enjoying a run. Good girl. Sweaty girl.

3 comments:

  1. I've created a blogging project called "50 U.S. Blogs" and have linked to your blog. If this is a problem, leave a comment on my blog letting me know and I'll find another blog to put there to represent your state. Be sure to visit your state and any others that interest you, maybe you'll find a new blog to read. Thanks for your support! Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I previously shared with you, your blog was selected randomly to represent your state in my blog project "50 U.S. Blogs". The project is being expanded. I'd like to invite you to join us in doing a weekly focus on each state, starting with Alabama, where each blog owner can share about their state and their life, whether it be personal experiences, anecdotes, facts, or links to important areas in their state. In an effort to get that started, and to make the process easier, I need to collect everyone's contact information, namely email address and willingness to participate. Of course, authors are allowed to decline participation but that means I woud unfortunately have to seek another blog to represent their state, as I must continue to treat each blog the same to avoid an issue with favoritism. Please include the state you represent with your correspondence. Please email me from your personal email address where you with to receive correspondence related to this project and express your desire to participate or not. My email address is alwaysadventuring@gmail.com and I'm on Yahoo Instant messenger service as always_adventuring. I am not using any other services or user names for this project. Thank you very much for your support. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....look how far you've come in "just" five years. I think it's so much easier to look back and call it "just" five years than it is to look forward and say "only" five years (which, to me, feels like an eternity). WAY TO GO!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Chinese spammers are immediately deleted.

2016

Even though I was in awful shape in 2016 I was still stubborn and foohardy...so I spent a year running down whatever fitness base I had left...