I did the full 5K that I'm working my way up to doing, hopefully, in 1/2 hour before the Cotton Country race. My goal is to be able to run the whole time. Right now I'm alternating walking and running, and it took 42 minutes. The problem with tread mills is that people walk by and you want to stop running and chat with them. A fellow teacher who I didn't know was a member of the same club walked by and I slowed down for a full 7 or 8 minutes to chat, walking the entire time. Tomorrow I swim, then Friday I'll run again. I'm actually starting to look forward to running. So why did I run inside instead of outside? Being a recent couch-queen, I don't like heat. The forecase for today: Partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms possible. High 97F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%. I'll translate for you: It's going to be hot. Real hot. There will be some wind, making it like a large convection oven. There's a 30% chance that it will get realllly muggy. Wednesday, July 20
The problem with treadmills.
I did the full 5K that I'm working my way up to doing, hopefully, in 1/2 hour before the Cotton Country race. My goal is to be able to run the whole time. Right now I'm alternating walking and running, and it took 42 minutes. The problem with tread mills is that people walk by and you want to stop running and chat with them. A fellow teacher who I didn't know was a member of the same club walked by and I slowed down for a full 7 or 8 minutes to chat, walking the entire time. Tomorrow I swim, then Friday I'll run again. I'm actually starting to look forward to running. So why did I run inside instead of outside? Being a recent couch-queen, I don't like heat. The forecase for today: Partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms possible. High 97F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%. I'll translate for you: It's going to be hot. Real hot. There will be some wind, making it like a large convection oven. There's a 30% chance that it will get realllly muggy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Today I went with SW Tri Gal, Bones, Sweet Baboo, and others to Cochiti Lake to get in my first long open water swim of the season. The lake...
-
Ironman CDA is coming for me, roaring down on me. I would be remiss to say that, obviously, I just want to finish IM-CDA. But there's a ...
-
First I want to say how blown away I was by the virtual cheering that went on while I was slogging way across the Kentucky Hills. I'm ov...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.