Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The problem with treadmills.

I did the full 5K that I'm working my way up to doing, hopefully, in 1/2 hour before the Cotton Country race. My goal is to be able to run the whole time. Right now I'm alternating walking and running, and it took 42 minutes. The problem with tread mills is that people walk by and you want to stop running and chat with them. A fellow teacher who I didn't know was a member of the same club walked by and I slowed down for a full 7 or 8 minutes to chat, walking the entire time. Tomorrow I swim, then Friday I'll run again. I'm actually starting to look forward to running. So why did I run inside instead of outside? Being a recent couch-queen, I don't like heat. The forecase for today: Partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms possible. High 97F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%. I'll translate for you: It's going to be hot. Real hot. There will be some wind, making it like a large convection oven. There's a 30% chance that it will get realllly muggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...