Thursday, July 21, 2005

If they can do it, I can do it!

BBC Article on exercise and the elderly I got my copy of "Slow Fat Triathlete" in the mail and am devouring it. Holy cow, she was in rough shape when she started out. I have a bit of tendonitis in my right wrist, but it comes and goes. Also, one day as I was leaving the gym I struck up a conversation with an older woman I've noticed in the locker room. She limps because she has an ankle that was screwed up in surgery. Befor that happened, she used to play golf. So every day she limps into the pool, and walks around and kicks her legs for exercise, because she doesn't know how to swim. She is 89 years old. If Jayne can decide at 220 pounds to become an athlete, and if this 89-year-old woman limps into the gym every day, rain or shine, then I guess I'm out of excuses. I'm off to the gym. See ya.

1 comment:

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...