Sunday, July 24, 2005

Geeky idea: a figurehead for my bike.

I was just joking about being Triathlon Barbie. Jeesh. A friend of mine was pretty horrified by the idea. I looked at current pictures of Barbie and I can see why. She's built like a heroin addict, and doesn't appear to be able to run a sprint.
I am, however, determined to create a figurehead for the front of my bike, like the kind they have on ships. I'm aware that it may cut some of the aerodynamics, but I don't imagine that it will make the difference between being 47th and being 1st. I've working on the design, but I'm pretty certain it's going to involve Barbie-like doll parts and accessories, and flat white or maybe powder blue paint. As it will be the mascot of the GeekGrl, it has to look Geeky. More on this as it develops.

1 comment:

  1. Pappy sounds like a lonely miserable guy. I'm sad for him.

    Misty - you can do it. Just pick a race about 12 weeks out and go to work. You'll be fine. I used triathlete mag's 12 week program. That program will take you from couch potato (which judging from your blog you are NOT) to triathlete.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...