Monday, July 11, 2005

How can I run if I'm not pissed off?

Running DayRun day. Happy to find that my running was better. I figure my weak areas are the run and the swim, so I work on those and bike a couple times a week. My couch-to-5k plan called for 90 seconds running, 90 seconds rwalk, but I found that I could do 3 or more minutes running. I used my new playlist, and I'm hoping that with repeats I can play it over in my mind while running a race. I was pretty happy to find out that my heart rate wasn't as high as it was last week. Then I ate too much for lunch. [Bad girl! No luna bar!] I'd like to be able to work my way up to running 3 or 4 miles without walking. Now, don't mock me! I've only run once before in my life, during a particularly nasty divorce: overcome with rage, I'd run straight up a hill. But time passes, anger fades, and I stopped running. Now I'm trying to run without being pissed off . I suppose if I have to think there's plenty to think about. After all, I'm a school teacher during a time when two branches of the government are controlled by Republicans. 'Nuff said. I don't do political posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...