Saturday, July 30, 2005

Horses sweat, men perspire, and ladies glow.

6 more weeks until the Cotton Country Spring.
I tried running outside today, after a month of running on treadmills. It's pretty nice out, only in the mid eighties so far at 10:00. I took it easy. Husband went on one of his 50 mile bike rides. As I was walking in the house, I was reminded of something I learned about sweating a while back, that the more fit you are, the more you sweat. I must be pretty fit because I'm 'glowin' like a horse. The 'glow' is dripping all over, and my new running bra is soaked with it.
Today I'm going to get a "woman specific saddle" for my bike. I've been avoiding long rides because I am not a narrow-hipped woman, and as my rides increase I'm increasingly finding them not enjoyable. Husband was trying to convince me that I'd rather have a cyclometer than a new saddle, but riding comfortably is more important to me than knowing how fast I'm going. Besides. If I know distance and how long it takes; I can do the math and get miles/hour. Mentioning detrimental affects an uncomfortable saddle could have on conjugal activities helped, I think. We're going this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...