Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I enjoy being a girl.

Vanity.I'm debating whether to ride my bike to the counseling center today after my swim. It is SO HOT here right now, plus when I ride to the counseling center, I have stringy gross helmet hair. On the other hand, my car has no AC, so it's gross when I get there anyway. Last week, I bought a tiny fan that plugs into my cigarette lighter. It's kinda trashy, but thank God it's only hot 2 months out of the year here. In any case, we don't dress up at the counseling center, it's very casual, but I at least want to be presentable. Trying to figure out how to solve the "helmet hair" problem when I go back to work next month. Maybe I'll just wear it back.
I cut 8 inches off my hair last month to simplify my training, and I also gave up my artificial nails. That was the most painful thing for me to do, because I am somewhat vain. I did so love those fake nails! I can't have fake nails and highlighted, long hair and swim in a chlorinated pool. I chose the highlighted, shorter version (it was to the middle of my back, now shoulder-length). So now my hands look awful. >Sigh<>with?

1 comment:

  1. hi...
    i got here from the 50 states blog project... i was born in NM (lordsburg) so i was intrigued with what you would have to say and i found i REALLY like it....(your blog....) and look forward to reading more!!!
    i too hate stringy helmet hair there fore i am ussually deterred from riding a bike to anywhere of importance!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...