Sunday, July 10, 2005

A swim in the desert.

We spent the late morning and afternoon at Cochiti Lake, and I have the pink shoulders to prove it. About 35 miles from ABQ, a nice place to practice lake swimming. It's a no-wake lake, meaning serious hard core rednecks tend to stay away. Mostly, you see sailing, canoing, kayaking.
The dam road is 5 miles and open only to foot traffic. It's a very nice run, and when you're done, go jump in the lake. It's clean, with a nice beach, and just the right temp to cool you off. It was hard to get used to the having my face, goggles and all, in the murky water, but eventually I got some good swim time in. I'd love to get a kayak. Think I'll add that to my fantasy wish list. Now here's my question. I assume the guy next to the dock, trying in vain for an hour to start his motor didn't test it before coming out to the lake. Why? Maybe I'm wrong. All he ever got was a splutter and a puff of very black smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...