Thursday, December 13, 2007

2007, the year in review. And 2005. And 2006.

It's been nearly 3 years since I started in my attempt to overcome genetics AND nearly a lifetime of crappy habits.



Here's what's happened during that time:
  • My resting heart rate has dropped about 20 beats per minute.

  • I've lost about 40 pounds, and gone from a size 16/18 to a size 10/12.

  • I'm the 2007 Athena Champion in the Southwest Challenge Multipsport Series.
  • I can now climb the stairs at work with ease. And chase down 8th-graders.

  • There are far fewer days that I hate myself. In fact, I can't remember the last time I thought about it.

  • I'm not afraid of leaving the house any more. I don't feel panicky when I'm in traffic. I just sing along with Britney. I mean Bach.
  • My son, who used to whine to me about picking him up from the high school (2 miles from home) called recently to tell me not to bother giving him a ride to an appointment he had, as he had found out that it was only 8 miles away and he was going to ride his bike.
Things want/need to work on in 2008:
  • What my mother charmingly referred to as my "apron," that vestige of child bearing, i.e. my middle. (Ew).

  • Pack-rattedness.

  • Truck stop nachos (as in: avoiding). They are my Kryptonite.

  • FINISHING MY PAPER

  • Finishing my Level 3 licensure dossier.

  • Passing the National Counselor's Exam (more on this later)

  • Getting to sleep earlier.

  • Sticking to my training plans.
  • Lowering my bodyfat/ratio.

In other news, I went to a new class at my gym. It's a "circuit" class that combines spinning and weighlifting for an hour. Then I did an hour of spin. The results, 24 hour later:

OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW, OW.

My hammys hurt.

My quads hurt.

My arms hurt.

Am I gonna go back? You betcha!

...




11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive!!!

    When you figure out that "apron" issue let me know. Other than surgery or "less food", you know....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on ya! Keep rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:01 AM

    I'm pretty impressed about your son riding his bike to his appointment. Sounds like a great kid with good role-modeling parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:09 AM

    "What my mother charmingly referred to as my "apron," that vestige of child bearing, i.e. my middle."

    HA! Thanks, Mom...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes, I am familiar with the apron....... I am thinking about having my apron strings cut with the plastic surgery scissors. I am a little scared it might reach up and slap me in the face one of these days on a long run....

    That's an impressive list you have put together there. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals, good luck...also stopping by to invite you and the clyde aka new age grouper, to my blog, still new but getting a little help from cody the clyde!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome to look back- you should be proud. I have no doubt that you will achieve all your goals in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a great season. I think 08 will be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to look back and see how far you've come :) I really hope you are very proud of yourself becuase you should be!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...