Sunday, December 30, 2007

Things I do to stall for time.


I received a sign from my deity today.

You know how some people see Jesus or Mary in grilled-cheese sandwitches and other random patterns? This isn't like that. At all. This is real.

My deity formed from a waterbottle I poured out. The Nuun inexplicably formed a solid on the ground that remained for 2 days, and then miraculously disappeared and left this image on my driveway.

I enhanced the photo so that you can see his wonderousness clearly.

It is clearly a sign. With His noodly appendages, he is sending me a message, quite clearly: Get off your butt and run, girl.

It's finally above 40 degrees outside, perfect running weather. I've got my route all mapped out.

And yet I continue to seek out all things fleece (they have made wonderous advances in fleece now, haven't they? Like my huge pink fleece robe from Costco. It feels like rabbit fur.) and stare outside.

I've been surprisingly lazy this week, considering that my next marathon is less than a week away. That's right, the Mississippi Blues Marathon is the 5th, Saturday, and I've been laying around all week like a hybernating sloth.

(Hey, Do sloths hybernate? I mean, how would we know?)

I've been too lazy to go outside and run, and as a result, I have no energy to go outside and run. I would have more energy if I went outside and ran.
And there you have it, the big-butted lazy runner's paradox. Right up there with, "If I had my glasses on, I could see better and find my missing glasses."

Sigh. I've got all my stuff laid out. My new pink Nike hat with the built-in earphones is the same shade of pink as my sexy pink Injinji toe socks. Niiiiiiicccccce. If only I could find my Garmin. Where the hell is it?

Alright, alright. I'm going.

...

15 comments:

  1. ah ha! I knew the moment I saw the picture that it was Him! I have not yet been fortunate enough to have such an encounter with FSM...you are very lucky! Good luck on your marathon!

    peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your marathon isn't until next year - plenty of time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the laziness. Once I get dressed and out the door I am fine but WOW do I love being holed up in my house...my marathon is 14 days away...isn't this taper???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, it's taper time now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will be well rested...! That's a plus in my book!
    And what do your tea leaves say???? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't read tea leaves; that's just silly. I follow the signs the FSM sends to my heart. And, I know those are real, because the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster says so.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GeekGirl,

    Sounds like you are just so experienced now that you naturally do the taper thing without even having to work at it--this is a hard skill to learn. I say, resist the urge to interfere with a successful taper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! You will get thru the marathon and then it will be time to get back in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your just tapring. Sounds like a great plan to me. Good luck at the marathon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Motivation is lacking in Mississippi, too. So much so that I am switching to the half on Saturday. If I see you guys, and I do not retreat to my omg I'm so shy self, I will come up and say, "hi." But good luck at the race...it'll be easy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Better rested than over trained!! So...have you ever heard of the cthulhu mythos? Your "deity" looks like it could have come straight out of the books.

    Have a great time at the marathon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!!! HE visited you? You lucky woman!

    ReplyDelete
  13. er. wait.

    It could, after all, be Her Noodley Appendage, no?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, somebody actually knows what I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I knew it when i saw it too! It's TOTALLY the FSM!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...