Saturday, March 15, 2008

I feel better.

My gun pain finally left me around 3 pm with no reasonable explanation of why it ever occured. No fever. Nothing expulsed. It just left. So, tomorrow I run. I think my IT issues are much better. I'll know tomorrow.

I've been reading a book today that's very good; it's called, "Passing for Thin" by Francis Kuffel. Here's one of my favorite parts, where she describes joining a gym:

The world was divided into members and nonmembers,
and members had special dispensation. Active but
individual, each had her own agenda at the gym.
Girlhood is picking and choosing, and I wanted to be
one of those girls.


If you're of the mind to do so, I recommend this book. SHe really gets into the meat of explaining her thoughts and feelings while obese, losing weight, and afterwards.
6 days to the Grasslands Marathon. It will be my 4th marathon in 4 months.
If you'd have told me 3 years ago that I'd be doing this, I'd have laughed like hell. And had another slice of cake. And a margarita.

...

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better! Sorry you missed the ride. Let me know when you are ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better. You are inspiring 4 marathons in 4 months. You've come a long way baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better. We missed you! But I will say it was a bit miserable in when we went into the headwind (just to make you feel better).
    Happy Birthday!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. At your mention I ordered Passing for Thin. WOW what an eye opener. I will never pass as thin...I always have about 10-15 pounds to lose. Right now I am up again and trying to decide how best to drop it. I am thinking of going back to WeWa.
    I know people cringe when I say I am a 4 time marathoner and I am techincally overweight. I can kick ass on a ldr and on my bike...I just have fat that needs to go! Thanks for the recommednation...great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing links to commercial websites from people with invisible profiles are deleted immediately. Spammers are immediately deleted.

Moved.

 I'm no longer involved in multisport or endurance sports. I've started my own business, a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety d...